3 pounds ground meat (I used 1/2 pork, 1/2 veal)
Pork, veal, beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 small onions, finely chopped
1.5 cups boiling water
3 potatoes, peeled and shred
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1. Prepare the meat: Brown the meat with the garlic and onion in a large pan on medium heat.
2. Add the boiling water, potatoes and spices. Cover and simmer, stirring often, for one hour.
3. Let cool. At this point, skim off any excess fat that settles on top of the meat. (optional, I had extra-lean cuts so this step wasn't necessary)
4. While meat is cooling, prepare your pie crusts. I made double the recipe of my Favourite Crust and I blind-baked the bottom for 15 minutes at 425 since we like our crust well done.
5. Make your pie: pour the meat into the bottom shell of the pie and place the top shell, scealing it very well.
6. Brush the top with an egg yolk and milk mixture and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
Serve with Homemade Ketchup and mashed potatoes!