From Williams Sonoma "Thanksgiving"
(serves lots and lots!)
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted buttter
2 cups finely chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
2 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp powdered dry thyme
Loaf of homemade bread
2 extra large eggs
3 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
S&P to taste
1. In a large pan, heat the butter. Add the onion and celery and mix well.
2. Sprinkle on the poultry seasoning and thyme, mix well. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile chop up the bread or tear it up into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in a really big bowl.
4. When the onion mix is done, let it cool a bit, then add it to the bread bowl and mix well.
5. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and add the stock (make sure it's not hot or it'll scramble your eggs!). Add parsley and S&P and mix well.
6. Add the egg mix to the bread mix and mix well.
7. Stuff your turkey and cook the rest of the stuffing in a generously buttered dish, covered tightly with foil for 45 minutes alongside the turkey (325F).
8. Uncover and continue cooking another 30 minutes until the top is browned but still moist.